Health Care Services
The F. J. Davey Home recognizes that residents will have a wide range of health related needs. These are responded to on an individual basis, through the provision of the following services:
- Associate Medical Directors for specific levels of care if former family doctor does not have Home medical privileges
- Directors of Nursing
- Registered Nurses (RN’s) as our Charge Nurses
- Registered Practical Nurses (RPN’s) as our Team Leaders
- Personal Support Workers (PSW’s) as our direct care providers
- Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI)
- Behavioral Supports Ontario (BSO)
- All levels of nursing staff are available and on duty twenty-four hours daily
- Infirmaries and palliative care suites are available where required
- Dietitian services with nutritional counseling provided and therapeutic diets planned as required
- Restorative care services providing individual exercise according to the Doctor’s request as well as group activities
Resident Care Planning
Upon admission, a resident care plan is developed in consultation with the resident and their representative (if appropriate), the interdisciplinary team and the attending physician. An interdisciplinary care conference is held within six weeks of admission and then annually thereafter. If there is a change in the resident’s medical status or a change in their functional or cognitive capacities, the resident representative (if appropriate) is called and a care conference is held to respond to the changes.
Our physicians notify the Home of their absences and their medical delegate.
On admission, any medications brought into the Home are reviewed by the Team Leader and after the details have been recorded, the representative will be asked to take them away. All medications will be ordered by the physician, provided by MediSystem Pharmacy and administered by the Team Leader. A one week supply of any one drug is kept on hand.
Our Home facilitates many resident/physician in-house appointments via Ontario Telehealth Network (OTN). Resident representatives are encouraged to make transportation arrangements for any outside appointments.