The F. J. Davey Home requires the following positions. We are a 374 bed LTC facility that prides itself on its ongoing affiliations with a number of educational institutes and the RNAO to optimize best practice standards. Our resident centered approach is augmented with our full time BSO, Social Work, Activities, RAI programs that work hand in hand with our PSW, RPN, RN, NP and MD care team to optimize resident-centered care. . The home employs up to 400 staff, creating a broad network for colleagues.
* Please ensure that any resume that is forwarded for review is sent as a word or PDF document. Other formats will not be accepted. *
Available Positions: 20 November 2023
Nursing Clerk – Permanent Part Time
- The Nursing Clerk is responsible and accountable for ordering, monitoring inventory and delivery of nursing supplies to the Resident Home Areas while ensuring compliance with all of the policies and procedures of the F. J. Davey Home. This position schedules staff so that resident care is safely provided across all home units and ensures staffing, replacements of leaves and all other aspects of staff scheduling are done within the confines of the collective agreement and in a cost effective manner. This is a non-union position which has authority over financial expenditures and changing or adjusting the work schedules of staff. This position reports to the EDOC and has no direct reports. Must have a post-secondary education in a health related field. Knowledge of staff scheduling systems is strongly preferred.
Personal Support Worker – Permanent Part Time (multiple) and Permanent Full Time (1 position)
- Must have completed a PSW program or be in progress of completing a PSW program and have an OPSWA certificate. Please forward your application to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org Postings will be in place until positions are filled
Registered Practical Nurses – Permanent part time position and Permanent Full Time (1 position)
- Must be registered as an RPN in good standing with the CNO. LTC experience is preferred. Please forward your application to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org Postings will be in place until positions are filled
Registered Nurse – Permanent Full Time (1 Position); Temporary Full Time (1 Position); Permanent Part Time (1 position)
The RN coordinates nursing care in accordance with administrative policies and procedures, physicians’ orders and established standards of nursing practice and gerontological nursing. He/she performs acts requiring specialized knowledge, skill and judgement while incorporating the concepts of health promotion, disease prevention, care of the ill geriatric client and principles of geriatric rehabilitation and palliation. They utilize the nursing process in the delivery of nursing care and is a key member of the health care team. They fulfil responsibilities as a member of the nursing discipline via collaboration with other members, delegation of appropriate activities to the RPNs, recommending changes to staffing as needed and providing clinical supervision. The must hold a current RN License with the College of Nurses of Ontario and be a member in good standing.
Nurse Practitioner – Permanent Full Time (1 position)
- The Attending Nurse Practitioner (Attending NP) is a primary care provider to LTC residents and works within her/his legislative scope of practice. They will contribute to continuity of care, care coordination, creation and implementation of quality improvement plans and supporting the implementation of evidenced-based practices. This role has a 70% focus on direct resident care and 30% focus on education, quality improvement, leadership and research. This is a flexible hours position and requires weekend work on a regularly scheduled basis. This posting will stay open until filled. Please forward your application to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Dietary Aid – Permanent Part Time
- The dietary aid position requires a Grade 12 education and Previous experience in the food industry preferred. Responsibilities include basic food preparation, assisting with food delivery, cleaning, performing tasks as per schedule, communicating concerns and completing education. Please forward applications to email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org