Fundraising and Events Internship
Full-Time, One-Year Contract
The Fundraising and Events Intern develops and implements fundraising projects and events, develops and maintains donor communications and relationships. The successful candidate can work independently and as part of team and shows initiative in carrying out the duties of this position.
• Successful completion from an accredited University or College in the past 3 years. A post-secondary degree or diploma in business administration, marketing, public relations, and/or event planning required
• Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Social Media, etc.)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Fluent in English; French and Italian an asset
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Valid Ontario Driver’s License - access to a vehicle
• Police Check Required
• Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
• Event Management experience considered an asset
• Candidates who have previously participated in the internship program or have been employed full time in the candidate’s field of study are ineligible to apply
• Develop and implement fundraising projects and events
• Develop and act upon an annual fundraising and promotional calendar
• Create and foster community partnerships
• Work with all forms of communications channels to encourage community participation
• Develop and create promotional materials, as needed, for projects and events
• Use management software to cultivate donors and donations
• Set and follow organization and project budgets
• Prepare and present written reports to the Board of Directors
• Collect, analyze, and act upon data
• Perform general administrative duties including photocopying, printing, preparing reports including overseeing accounts payable and receivable. Knowledge of Bloomerang helpful but not required
• Other duties as required
Applicants must provide the following:
• Provide a cover letter by summarizing why you are interested in this position and what qualifications and skills you bring to this position. Please include the Competition number listed at the top of this posting
• Current Curriculum Vitae
• 3 work-related references. Personal references will not be accepted
• Provide a sample fundraising event relevant to a long term care facility
Application Closing Date: July 14th, 2020
Please Send a Resume and Cover Letter to:
Susan McCooeye, Chair
FJ Davey Home Foundation
733 Third Line East
Sault Ste Marie ON
Applications are invited for the Permanent Part-Time Prep Cook at our managed facility in Sault Saint Marie, Ontario (Up to 45 hours per week).
To assist the Dietary Manager and Chef in the smooth and efficient operation of the kitchen. Continually maintain and exceed all standards of service and resident’s satisfaction.
Responsibilities: Permanent Part-Time Prep Cook
• Prepare, arrange and serve food according to standards set by the Ministry of Health.
• Assist and guide others as required.
• Keep aware of kitchen sanitation at all times.
• Ensure that food is of correct quality and standard.
• Maintain a clean and organised work area and ensure proper food safe procedures are followed.
• Prep all special salads and special food items according to resident special menus.
• Prep all Minced and Puree food items for lunch menu and all desserts.
• Take temperatures of all hot and cold puree and minced items.
• Show creative input and interest in the job.
• Control cost by minimizing spoilage, waste and exercising portion control.
• Ensure fridges, freezers, storage room and work areas are left tidy and organized.
• Ensure food is properly stored and wrapped.
• Rotate stock as required.
• Ensure items are available for next day’s menu. Report any issues to Head Cook
• Food Handlers Certification up-to-date.
• Culinary Skills / Chef Training course
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to get along well with others is a must.
• Police Clearance from up to 6 months to one year.
Closing Date: July 20, 2020
Interested applicants may forward their resume in confidence to the attention of:
Acting Dietary Manager
The FJ Davey Home is requesting applications from nursing students in the PN or BScN program.
Positions Available: Temporary Part Time PSW
Responsibilities: Temporary Part Time PSW
• Provide hands-on compassionate delivery of skilled services to residents in the provision of care with adherence to confidentiality, privacy, and a focus on maintaining dignity.
• Assist residents with the personal care required for daily living including personal hygiene, elimination, nutrition, functional mobility and mobilization, and other emotional and social aspects of life.
• Perform resident-specific care according to plans of care and established restorative care guidelines as outlined by the Director of Care.
• Participation in care planning while motivating and encouraging residents’ participation in programs to maintain and enhance independence.
• Ensure clear and effective communication in the process of assessments, observations, and documentation of residents’ physical and emotional conditions in accordance with company policy and regulatory requirements.
• Must possess a valid PSW certificate or be in the second year of the RPN / RN program.
• Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills and be a team player.
• Must be available to work all shifts.
Please email resumes for the Temporary PSW Position to Fran Conley/ firstname.lastname@example.org
The FJ Davey Home is requesting applications for a temporary casual receptionist / screener position
Responsibilities: Receptionist / Staff/Visitor Screener
• Ensuring all staff/visitors complete the screening questionnaire
• Taking tympanic temperature
• Contacting Management for any further assessments required
• Have a completed grade 12 diploma
• Preference will be given to applicants that knowledge or experience in health care
Please email resumes for staff screener to Elizabeth Dontigny email@example.com