We are a "SCENT FREE" environment
The F.J. Davey Home, located at 733 Third Line East, Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, is a three level 374 bed long-term care nursing home. The Home is designed to care for its residents in a homelike environment within 12 Resident Home Areas (RHA’s). Ten of the RHA’s accommodate 32 residents each and two of them are home to 27 residents each. Each RHA is designed so that when you enter through the "front door" you find yourself in the living room. The dining room and dedicated activity room are adjacent to this area. The resident’s bedrooms are found down two corridors with access to the Spa area from either hallway. The Charting Centre found on each RHA provides easy access to nursing staff by residents and their families.
Names for the Resident Home Areas were chosen by the residents and are depicted at the main entrance to each RHA and throughout by way of room identification and way finding signage. On each level you will find: Apple Orchard, Birch Lane, Cedar Grove and Driftwood Beach.
Each adjacent pair of RHA’s share a food service area, medication room, treatment room and are joined by a staff corridor.
UPDATES September 2022
The FJ Davey Home is working with the Ministry of Health to install air conditioning in each resident room. The Home does have air conditioning that services the Lounge and Dining room of each resident home area. The Install of all the air conditioners is scheduled to be complete by year end.
• We have a number of resident home areas that are in outbreak. Please call the unit prior to visiting to see if restrictions apply. All persons must follow the precautions for personal protective equipment.
• No general visitors are allowed on a unit that is in outbreak.
• Residents from any unit that is in outbreak are not able to leave for social reasons.
• All residents can leave the home for the day for social absences; unless the home area they live on is in outbreak
• Over night absences are permitted for all residents; regardless of vaccination status; unless the home area they live on is in outbreak
8:00-11:00am and from 4:00-7:00pm Daily – 7 days a week
• All indoor visitors must be vaccinated against COVID 19 as per the FJ Davey Vaccination policy. This home specific policy follows the MOHLTC COVID-19 Guidance Document updated April 25, 2022
• All persons entering the building are required to show proof of at least 2 doses of COVID vaccination
• The only exception to this is persons visiting residents who are at end of life and actively palliative and children who are less than 5 years old
All residents can have any number of general visitors and up to 4 designated essential care givers.
The maximum number of visitors in the resident room at one time is 3. This allows for social distancing of 6’ between visitors which is still required.
Masks are required at all times by all visitors
FJ Davey Home Swabbing Clinic At the Back of the Home through the Staff Entrance
Days: 7 Days a week
Hours: Daily 8:00am - 11:00am/ 4:00pm-7:00pm
Walk In Only