We are a "SCENT FREE" environment
The F.J. Davey Home, located at 733 Third Line East, Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, is a three level 374 bed long-term care nursing home. The Home is designed to care for its residents in a homelike environment within 12 Resident Home Areas (RHA’s). Ten of the RHA’s accommodate 32 residents each and two of them are home to 27 residents each. Each RHA is designed so that when you enter through the "front door" you find yourself in the living room. The dining room and dedicated activity room are adjacent to this area. The resident’s bedrooms are found down two corridors with access to the Spa area from either hallway. The Charting Centre found on each RHA provides easy access to nursing staff by residents and their families.
Names for the Resident Home Areas were chosen by the residents and are depicted at the main entrance to each RHA and throughout by way of room identification and way finding signage. On each level you will find: Apple Orchard, Birch Lane, Cedar Grove and Driftwood Beach.
Each adjacent pair of RHA’s share a food service area, medication room, treatment room and are joined by a staff corridor.
UPDATES March 2023
F.J. Davey Home Board seeks members
SAULT STE. MARIE - The City's largest nursing home is seeking committed, experienced and caring Board members who are passionate about ensuring quality long-term care to the 374 residents of the F. J. Davey Home and supporting the Home's 390 staff.
Currently, the Board of Directors are seeking up to four new members with a particular emphasis on individuals with experience in clinical health care - either primary or especially long-term care - and quality improvement, but a background in communications, public sector governance boards, or any other relevant experience is an asset.
All candidates will be considered by the selection committee.
The F. J. Davey Home is a not-for-profit corporation, managed through a service contract by the Home's operational partner Extendicare Assist.
The Board meets ten times a year, monthly between September and June each year and there are occasional meetings required at the call of the Chair. Monthly commitment to prepare for and attend meetings is approximately 4 to 6 hours per month. Meetings are held on the second Monday of the month at 4 p.m.
A letter expressing your interest and a brief resume and complete contact information should be forwarded by email to Executive Director Connie Lee by emailing email@example.com
Interviews will be held virtually.
• Apple 3 – Respiratory Virus
• Overnight absences are permitted for all residents; regardless of vaccination status; unless the home area they live on is in outbreak
• Surviellance testing for COVID is now done at the Front Entrance of the Home
• You will be required to complete screening and provide vaccination information
• You will then be required to self test using the provided rapid test
• Testing will only be available from 0800am to 9:00pm daily
• You must wait for your test result before proceeding to the resident home area
• All essential care giver visitors must be vaccinated against COVID 19 as per the FJ Davey Vaccination policy.
• General visitors do not have to be vaccinated to visit the home; but cannot go to any unit that is in outbreak. The visitor must be socially distanced of 6 feet at all times from all residents.
All residents can have any number of general visitors and up to 4 designated essential care givers.
The maximum number of visitors in the resident room at one time is 3. This allows for social distancing of 6’ between visitors which is still required.
Masks are required at all times by all visitors
Find out what’s happening at F.J. Davey, and access additional information & resources